Saturday 16 November 2013

Inspiration, Priority & My Calling!

Travel: Just reading about it, looking at the pictures of the gorgeous and varied landscapes moves me to plan my next trip. Right now, I am reading Shivya's Blog about how she quit her job at 23 and started travelling. It’s an interesting read, not similar to my story, but I bet most of us, stuck in the rut of 9 – 5 jobs, will find it quite appealing.

Its 16th Nov’13, 9:07 pm and I’ve just settled down after a working Saturday. Listening to Enya's Only Time for the past two days. I am hooked onto it. YouTube(d) it after watching Volvo Trucks - The EpicSplit feat ad featuring Van Damme. It’s just so surreal and soothing.

I’ve always wanted to travel. It’s been long since I last traveled; I don’t instantly recall my last trip. It look me almost a minute to realize that I went to Maldives this Sep around my B’day. I wrote a complete log about my experience here. Next, I am planning to go to Hong Kong and Macau, but that’s in December. I still haven’t applied for Visa and nothing including itinerary, clothes etc. are in place.

It’s been a busy week with a working Saturday. We got a number of pitches lined up and I am a part of one. If it all goes well, we (my colleagues and I) might go to Ranthambore next weekend and then attend a colleague’s wedding on the following Monday i.e 25th Nov’13.

Just Alt+Tab(ed) window to check my blog submission status on IndiBlogger. Yippie! It’s approved! Does that make me an official Blogger? Maybe! If yes, then I am step closer to writing a book someday. #daydreaming.

At times I feel that my feelings and talks about travel are just fake and faff. With all this writing about my past trips and travel in general, do I tick people off? I don’t know and also don’t want to worry about it as all I am trying to do is write honestly about what’s going on in my head. And, incidentally, accidently it’s travel (well! most of the time)

Agreeing to agree with my feeling to not hype or write about travel feels natural sometimes until the next moment when I see a gorgeous picture of some part of the world or read a travel story or see some interesting travel video log, I end up realizing that travel is My ONLY CALLING.

I always beleived that I am a home grown, home happy material. There was no place but home that gave me solace. But thanks to a gentleman (just being a bit kind with my words) who vehemently told me that I would forget about all his bad words and wrongdoings if I were to go on a trip to London tomorrow. A taunt that was meant to show me down and prove me shallow did me a life time of goodness. It showed me MY TRUE CALLLING. I subconsciously realized that if there is anything that can make me forget any freaking pain in the world, it’s Travel!        

The best and first solo trip ever. Andamans hold a very special place on my World Map. 

I don’t crave for huge solitaries that I saw Sachin’s wife wearing on his farewell ceremony. Though they did stand apart and looked particularly huge (Apologies for obsessing about the stones, but I’d rather travel than wear them if I were to choose one between the two) Also, the idea to give Bharat Ratan to Sachin is just appalling to me. Is it some sort of added gratification for superbly talented? I feel he’d been reasonably thanked for all the glory he’s got the country, with his farewell and by the millions addressing him as GOD! Bharat Ratan is just going overboard. What does the award stand for anyway?

So, what inspires or moves me to travel? I don’t know. Would I prefer a well-made house over travel? I don’t know for sure. I would like both, but a lovely house would be nice AFTER a LONG VACATION. After all, I need a nice corner to showcase all my pretty travel pictures with lovely sunsets, beaches and adventures.

What Travel inspires me to do? It inspires me to work hard and even harder. I would love a job with NDTV GoodTimes or something on a similar tangent. Until that happens, I ought to do with my existing job. I ought to do it well(at least try) and keep a positive attitude so that my chances to get a good promotion with a decent appraisal increases proportionately, all while beefing up my monthly paycheck that will further empower me to visit fancier places and plan more trips to explore the world.

Having said that, I love Digital Marketing. If it weren’t for this job, I would have been dead by now. It lets me use my brain, interact with good hearted people and once in a while lets me use my creativity. I think, I would have been feeling stupid and wallowing in self-pity if I were in Fashion. Maybe I am not up to deal with the constant pressure to look good all the freaking time. Or maybe I have just gotten way too cozy in my trek pants, preferring them over a pair of navy blue high-waist cigarette pants paired with a pastel peach cardigan with a knotted neck collar and ¾ bishop sleeves and a goregous pair of sky high heels. 

Thanks to all the turn of events, I now know for the fact that Travel is "My Only Calling" and it enables and motivates me to be a better professional and a better person.

                Listening to Sinead O'Connor - 4th and Vine

Happy Tripping
-          - Rakshita
      
     Follow me on Twitter | Pinterest |Facebook | Google+ |GypsyFly


No comments:

Post a Comment